ASSETMACRO LIMITED WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
From this Website we may provide information or hyperlinks to local Websites (Local Websites) which may be subject to their own specific terms and conditions including disclaimers. Your use of any Local Website shall be governed by both these Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the Local Website (Local Website Terms and Conditions). To the extent that there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any Local Website Terms and Conditions the following order of precedence shall apply in relation to such conflict:
- Local Website Terms and Conditions; and
- these Terms and Conditions
WHO WE ARE
ASSETMACRO is a private company registered in England and Wales and our registered office is situated at Harwood House, 43 Harwood Road, London England SW6 4QP. Our company registration number is 09602791.
If you have any queries about the Website or any information contained on it, please contact us at:
92 Westbourne Terrace
London W2 6QE
Phone: +44 (0)203 287 4480
USING THE ASSET MACRO WEBSITE
- The Website is owned by ASSETMACRO. The information contained on the Website is for information purposes only. ASSETMACRO does not hold itself out as providing financial or investment advice, legal commercial or other advice via the Website. The business of ASSETMACRO is indicative financial analysis and we publish and discuss content relating to the financial markets (Content). The Content is produced without regard to individual levels of sophistication or investment experience and without regard to the suitability of individuals who may access the Content. You understand and agree that the Content does not constitute a specific recommendation of any particular investment, security, portfolio, transaction, or strategy, nor that any specific course of action is suitable for any specific person. You understand and agree that no ASSETMACRO analysts or other personnel offer specific advice with regard to your investments. You further understand and agree that all Content is impersonal and not tailored to any specific investment needs and suitability requirements, including yours. You understand and agree that past results are not indicative of future performance; and that that any opinions expressed in the Content are derived from sources generally believed to be reliable but that ASSETMACRO is not liable for any errors, omissions, or incomplete or out of date information in the Content.
- Nothing on the Website is intended to, nor should it be taken to, create any legal or contractual relationship. Any transmission, downloading or sending of any information from the Website does not create any contractual relationship. Neither the information nor any opinions stated in the Website constitutes a solicitation or offer by ASSETMACRO to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments or providing any investment advice.
- ASSETMACRO may make available to you through one or more of its services a broad range of financial information that is generated internally or obtained from agents, vendors or partners (Third Party Providers). This includes, but is not limited to, financial market data, quotes, news, analyst opinions, research reports, graphs and data (Market Information).
- Market Information provided on the Website is not intended as investment advice. ASSETMACRO does not endorse or approve the Market Information, and we make it available to you only as a service for your own convenience. ASSETMACRO and its Third Party Providers do not guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or correct sequencing of the Market Information, or warrant any results from your use or reliance on the Market Information.
- Market Information may quickly become unreliable for various reasons including, for example, changes in market conditions or economic circumstances. Neither ASSETMACRO nor the Third Party Providers are obligated to update any information or opinions contained in any Market Information and we may discontinue offering Market Information at any time without notice. You agree that neither ASSETMACRO nor the Third Party Providers will be liable in any way for the termination, interruption, delay or inaccuracy of any Market Information.
- The provision of investment analysis and observations may be restricted in certain jurisdictions. You are required to acquaint yourself with any local laws and restrictions on the usage of this Website and the availability of any services described herein. The information on this Website is not intended for distribution to or use by any personal entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution would be contrary to local law or regulation. The content of the Website and the related services is designed for information purposes only. Nothing in this Website is intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase of any security or any financial instrument or any other action. Albeit that the It is not for publication in the press or elsewhere without permission of ASSETMACRO.
- ASSETMACRO does not provide legal or tax advice. Any clients of ASSETMACRO and viewers of this Website are encouraged to consult their own legal and tax advisers before making any investment decision, which of its nature, would be an independent and unconnected election on the part of the individual based on a number of factors. Where any resulting investment decision is taken, it is assumed to be on the basis of professional legal and/or tax advice provided by a suitably qualified third party.
- We endeavour at all times to ensure our Website information is clear, fair and not misleading. ASSETMACRO cannot and does not guarantee the accuracy, validity, timeliness or completeness of any information or data made available to you for any particular purpose.
- ASSETMACRO does not warrant the accuracy of the materials provided herein, either expressly or impliedly. Neither ASSETMACRO or any associate of it will be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information or for any loss or damage that could result from interception by third parties of any information made available to you via this Website.
- The Website is controlled and operated by ASSETMACRO in the United Kingdom. We make no representations that materials in the Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access the Website from other locations do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with any and all local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
- ASSETMACRO may off the use of certain trading and investment tools (Tools) which can be integrated within your website. Such Tools include market risk monitoring, emails alerts, free series of market and macro-economic data, investment strategy analysis and email alerts on changing market conditions. These special conditions (Special Conditions) constitute a part of the Terms and Conditions and apply to users who have integrated the Tools into their own websites. In the event of a conflict between a provision of these Special Conditions and any provision of the Terms and Conditions, then the Special Conditions shall prevail.
- ASSETMACRO does not and cannot guarantee or represent that any of the information and data made available via the Tools is real-time, accurate, complete, current or appropriate for your needs. Certain information and data made available via the Tools is obtained from Third Party Providers (defined above) who are generally understood to be sources of reliable information and data. However, due to a variety of different factors, including mechanical and human error, the timeliness, completeness, accuracy and correct sequencing of such information and data and results obtained from use thereof are not guaranteed by ASSETMACRO.
- All information and data made available via the tools is provided on an “as-is” basis for informational purposes only, and is not intended for actual trading purposes or market advice.
- ASSETMACRO and its employees, officers, directors, affiliates, agents or licensors will not be liable to you or any third party for any financial loss, lost profits, any special, incidental or consequential damage or any other similar damage or any other loss or injury, incurred as a result of delays, informational errors, inaccuracy or incompleteness of the information and data provided in the Tools or any actions taken in reliance thereon, or for the advertising or content and services which are provided on third party websites accessible via the Tools.
- Subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, ASSETMACRO grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable and limited license to access and use the Tools solely for your personal, non-commercial use (Tools License). You agree not to resell or permit access to the Tools to others and not to copy any materials appearing on the Tools for resale to others or for any other purpose without the prior consent of ASSETMACRO. The Tools License will terminate if you fail to comply with any term or condition of these Terms and Conditions (including the Special Conditions). Upon such violation, you agree to cease making use of the Tools. You agree that ASSETMACRO, at its sole discretion and with or without notice, may terminate your access to any or all Tools, and remove and discard any information or content within the Tools at any time.
- Notwithstanding the grant of the Tolls License, you agree and acknowledge that all right, title and interest in and to the Tools, related code and all information and data made available therein including (but not limited to) trademarks, signs, trade names, domain names, images, pictures, graphics, photographs, animations, videos, music, audio and text belong to ASSETMACRO, its affiliates and/or the Third Party Providers (as applicable) and are protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property rights and/or other rights.
- You are not permitted to make any alterations whatsoever to any related code including (but not limited to) alterations which hide or obscure advertising and links to ASSETMACRO or third party websites accessible via the Tools. You may not circumvent any mechanism included in Tools for preventing unauthorized reproduction or distribution. Without prejudice to any other right, ASSETMACRO is entitled to immediately block use of the Tools on your website in the event that you breach these provisions.
ASSETMACRO offers use of the Tools as part of a suite of products (Products) which may be purchased from ASSETMACRO pursuant to separate terms and conditions described elsewhere on the Website. Such Products may include monitoring allocation of investment portfolios, downloads of historical and macroeconomic data and analysis of quantitative investment strategies. Access to the Products by you is dependent upon your registration for the Products at which time you will have a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to access and use Products. Registered users can have unlimited use of AssetMacro database with the single restriction of a daily limit of 50 downloads. After the Product License expires, you have the option to agree to enter into a separate agreement with ASSETMACRO in order to continue using the Products. To the extent that the Special Conditions apply to the terms of the Product Licence, the terms of the Product Licence shall be read in conjunction with the Special Conditions.
- The Website is registered to ASSETMACRO and any and all intellectual property rights in the Website including, but not limited to, copyright and database rights and any logos or trademarks (whether registered or unregistered) are owned by ASSETMACRO at all times. The content of the materials on the Website are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary and/or intellectual property rights.
- You do not acquire ownership rights to any content or materials viewed through this Website. You are permitted to print copies and may download extracts of the content on the Website for your own personal use for information purposes only, and may draw the attention of others to content and material posted on the Website, provided that:
- our status as authors of material on the Website is always acknowledged;
- no documents or related graphics on the Website are modified, amended or altered in any way, which includes (without limitation) the removal of any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the Website;
- no graphics, video, audio or sequences on the Website are used separately from the corresponding text;
- you do not use any part of the content on the Website for commercial purposes without our prior written consent;
- you do not copy, redistribute, display or publish any part of this Website;
- any information on the Website which is marked as being confidential is treated as such and is not disclosed to any third party; and
- you agree that you will not otherwise use any part of the Website in contravention of these Terms.
UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
As a condition of your use of the Website you will not:
- commit or encourage any conduct which would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in any country in the world;
- send or receive any material which is threatening, offensive, defamatory, discriminatory, seditious, pornographic, blasphemous, liable to incite racial hatred or which may be abusive, indecent, obscene or menacing, or in breach of confidence, copyright, privacy or any other rights. In the event we believe any material falls within any or all of these categories we shall be entitled to remove it without notice;
- collect or store personal data about other users
- otherwise act in such a way as to damage, disable, overburden or impair the Website or the Services provided by ASSETMACRO;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit or post links to any content that facilitates hacking;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to our any aspect of our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit links to any content that infringes the rights of any third party;
- circumvent, or attempt to seek to circumvent, any of the security safeguards of the Website;
- cause annoyance or inconvenience to other people accessing the Website;
- post any personal information regarding the employees of your company or other individuals;
- send any unsolicited advertising or other promotional material, commonly referred to as “spam”, “junk mail”, “chain letter”, “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation by email or by any other electronic means;
- send email or any other type of electronic message with the intention or result of affecting the performance or functionality of any computer facilities; or
- permit any third party to do any of the above.
Breach of ASSETMACRO’s intellectual property rights or any provision of these Terms may result in legal action being taken against you. Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved.
We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Website. You should use your own virus protection software. You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
- This Website and the materials contained herein are provided “as is” and no person or entity associated with the Website or the materials makes any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the materials (or the results to be obtained by the use thereof) or the Website or any other matter and each such person and entity specifically disclaims any warranty of originality, accuracy, completeness, merchantability, satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose. All warranties implied by law are hereby expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. No person or entity associated with the Website or the materials warrants that the Website or the materials will be free of errors or delays in content. The entire risk of any use of this Website and the materials is assumed by the user.
- ASSETMACRO may make improvements and/or changes to this Website and the materials at any time without notice. No person or entity associated with this Website or the related content shall have any liability for damages of any kind arising in any manner out of or in connection with any user’s use of (or any inability to use) this Website or its content, whether direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential (including, without limitation, loss of data, loss of use, claims of third parties, loss of business or lost profits or revenues or other economic loss), whether in tort (including negligence and strict liability), contract or otherwise, whether or not any such person or entity has been advised of, or otherwise might have anticipated the possibility of, such damages in jurisdictions which do not allow the exclusion or limitations of certain types of liability. In all jurisdictions, ASSETMACRO’s liability will be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Nothing in these Terms is intended to seek to, or shall limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury arising as a result of our negligence; and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- The content made available on the Website is intended for general information purposes only and is provided on an “as is” basis. It does not constitute financial advice or the making of any recommendation and the content on the Website should not be relied upon as the basis for any decision or action. We exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law any and all liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising as a result of the access to and use of the Website or reliance on the content contained on it.
- We aim to ensure the Website is updated regularly. However, we are under no obligation to update the material contained on the Website and cannot guarantee that content will always be completely up to date. For this reason, we make no warranties or representations and do not give any undertaking, either express or implied, about any of the content on the Website, including without limitation, the accuracy, completeness or fitness for purpose of such content or that your use of the Website will not infringe the rights of third parties or for any alleged or actual infringement of third party rights. The use of information obtained from the Website is at your sole discretion and risk.
- We take reasonable precautions to prevent viruses and malicious code on the Website, but you are responsible for ensuring that anything downloaded from the Website is suitable for use on your computer and is free from viruses and malicious code and we exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law any and all liability that may arise in connection with or as a result of any failure to do so.
- We do not represent, warrant or undertake that the use of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free. We reserve the right to withdraw, amend, suspend access to or close all or any part of the Website temporarily or permanently without notice and we shall not have any liability for doing so.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms, and that they comply with them.
- The fact that ASSETMACRO has made the data and services provided on this Website available to you constitutes neither a recommendation that you enter into a particular transaction nor a representation that any product described on this Web Website is suitable or appropriate for you. Many of the products described on this Website involve significant risks, and you should not enter into any transactions unless you have fully understood all such risks and has independently determined that such transactions are appropriate for you. Any discussion of the risks contained herein with respect to any product should not be considered to be a disclosure of all risks or complete discussion of the risks which are mentioned. You should neither construe any of the material contained herein as business, financial, investment, hedging, trading, legal, regulatory, tax, or accounting advice nor make this service the primary basis for any investment decisions made by or on behalf of you, your accountants, or your managed or fiduciary accounts, and you may want to consult your business advisor, legal, tax and accounting advisors concerning any contemplated transactions.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- Links to third party websites on the Website are provided solely for your convenience and service. If you choose to use a hypertext link, then you will leave the Website. Once you leave the Website, whether or not you realise that you are leaving, we are no longer in any way responsible for the material on the other website that you enter. We do not endorse or make any representations about these third party websites or any material found there. We exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability that may arise in connection with or as a result of damage caused by such external website material including without limitation any damage, costs, injury or financial loss.
- Whilst we retain the right to establish any hypertext links between the Website and any third party Website at our discretion, you agree you will not create any hypertext links or deep links between the Website and any third party Website without our express written consent.
- You must not establish a link to the Website from any website that is not owned by you.
REVISION OF TERMS
We may edit or amend any part of the Website or the Terms and Conditions from time to time. Your continued use of this Website after any change to these Terms and Condition constitutes your acceptance of the revised Terms.
The failure of ASSETMACRO or its affiliates or its suppliers to enforce the Terms, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of any right to do so at any time.
CONSEQUENCES OF BREACH
If you breach these Terms and Condition, ASSETMACRO reserves the right to prohibit your further use of all or any part of this Website. In addition, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless ASSETMACRO, against all claims and expenses resulting from your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. If any part of the Terms is held invalid or unenforceable, the remaining will remain in full force and effect.
If you have any queries about the Website or any information contained on it, please contact us at:
92 Westbourne Terrace
London W2 6QE
Phone: +44 (0)203 287 4480